As summer drags on and temperatures stay in the high triple digits, we're all drawn to the water. So here's some safety tips to always keep in mind and make sure you're always learning more!
- Teach kids to swim early and go back to lessons every year!
- Make sure babysitters and care givers know about water safety! Train them!
- Learn CPR and post the instructions near pools and spas. Practice!
- Never assume someone is watching kids around water. Be sure!
- Close toilet lid.
- Empty all tubs, buckets, and cups. Store them upside down.
- Keep all children at an arms length when bathing.
- Don’t think you’ll hear a child who’s in trouble in the water; child drowning is a silent death, with no splashing to alert anyone that the child is in trouble
Stay safe and always supervise!