First impressions are important in so many situations, like: meeting new people, interviewing for a job, and when buying or selling a house. Curb appeal can create a great first impression and make your home welcoming for visitors. So here's some tips:
- Red Door: Not only are they classic, red doors create a universal feeling of being welcome. Visitors will be drawn to the front door, wanting to come right inside! Talk about a great way to welcome people to your home!
- Flowers: Color is huge, so grab a tray of seasonal flowers and get them planted! In pots or in the ground, add some pop of color to your front yard. Just don't forget to water them!
- Curved Pathways: From the sidewalk, add a slightly curved pathway to your door. It will create a traffic pattern and give visitors a direct way to enter your home. Plus you can line it with flowers or other cool, local plants!
- Wreaths: Adding a seasonal wreath on your door adds another layer of curb appeal. People love the "homey" feeling a wreath can bring to a home. Tap in to those feelings! Not a wreath person? Do a cute sign or colorful mat!
- Contrast: Make your house stand out with contrasting colors! Have a white house? Try black! Have a gray house? Paint some aqua accents! The contrast in colors will make your home unique and memorable.
- Fly a Flag: Owning a home is part of the American Dream, so fly your flag! Have a family member in the Military? Fly their branches' flag! Everyone loves a flag, so put one outside of your home!
These are some easy ways to spruce up your home, even if your not selling! Spring is the perfect time to do these projects, so just pick one that you can handle and tackle it! Share your pictures with me on Instagram or Facebook! I'd love to see what you do!